WHO WE ARE
Our company name is Rockbox London Limited and our trade name is Rockbox. We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number 9609109. Our registered office and main trading address is Rose Cottage, 6 Stock Lane, Whaddon, MK17 0LS. Rockbox is an online retailer specialising in curated gift boxes. Our gift boxes can be ordered online and delivered to the purchaser or a specified recipient.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use our website we may collect the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information by registering for our newsletter via www.rockboxrocks.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, business information, financial and credit card information. Registration is free with no obligation to purchase goods.
- Details of transactions you carry out on our site to enable the fulfilment of orders.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may include contacting you to reconfirm details of your order and delivery requirements;
- to send you our promotional materials or provide you with information regarding special offers and new ranges that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will never sell your personal data or provide access to it to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
NEWSLETTERS / MAILING LISTS
When you register for our newsletter, either on our website or in person at an event, we collect personal information as part of the registration process (usually your name and email address). This information is used in the following ways:
- to let you know about the things you are interested in such as discounts, sales, new products, blog posts and upcoming events
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletters. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you have or will receive from us. You can also request that your information be deleted permanently from our databases by emailing email@example.com.
If you are a European resident you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
This site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.